Home Safety Tips around the Holidays
The holidays are an exciting time of year! However, some of us get so wrapped up in the excitement that we can forget important tips to keep our homes safe.
Listed below are some helpful tips on how to keep yourself, your family, and your house safe this holiday season...
- Use clips to safely attach lights to the house
- Inspect your lights before you hang them
- Replace out lights
- Never connect more then 3 strings of lights at a time
- Be mindful of low-hanging or damaged wires to protect pets and children
- Use ladder safety when putting up or taking down your holiday decorations
- Never plug more than two appliances into an outlet at once or “piggyback” extra appliances on extension cords or wall outlets
- Remember to keep candle flames far away from decorations, ornaments and especially trees
- When building a fire to keep cozy, test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, burn only dry, split firewood (avoid chemically treated wood), and close damper when fireplace is not in use
Happy Holidays from everyone at SERVPRO Barrie! Stay safe :)