Recent Water Damage Posts
Faster to Your Barrie Water Damage Event
Be aware of the potential hazards in your home during a flood.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Barrie provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Barrie arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – SERVPRO of Barrie 705-733-7767
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Barrie
SERVPRO of Barrie specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Simcoe County Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Example of a residential flooded basement.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Simcoe County basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - SERVPRO of Barrie (705)733-7767
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Barrie and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help
SERVPRO of Barrie (705)733-7767
Barrie 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Barrie provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Barrie
SERVPRO of Barrie is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 705-733-7767
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Barrie has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Barrie
SERVPRO of Barrie specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff are highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Water Damage Strikes Fast, SERVPRO of Barrie Strikes Back Faster!
Speed is KEY when dealing with water damage events. The longer water has to seep into your floors, walls and furniture, the more exposed you are to further damages from mold and rotting. Prolonged water soaking could make your home or business uninhabitable for quite some time, meaning you will spend that much more time out of your living or working space. SERVPRO of Barrie is ‘Faster to Any Size Disaster’ so that we can mitigate any further damages or harm caused from water damage events, getting you back into your home or business as quickly and safely as possible.
Our expert SERVPRO technicians get to work mediating water damage in your home immediately upon arrival; determining saturation levels and densely penetrated water damage areas to focus on. This ensures the least amount of total and potential future damages caused by disaster water events and gets you back in your home or business as fast and confidently as possible.
Our goal for you is to minimize the damages and return your property to its preloss state, as quickly and efficiently as possible. We do this by employing water extraction, evaporation, and dehumidification procedures. All the while, ensuring that you and your house or business are respected and well-treated throughout the entire process, leaving you feeling relaxed and confident that your space will be returned to its original state and that you will be covered from any potential future harm or damages caused by that event.
SERVPRO of Barrie covers all of your residential and commercial needs, from emergency restoration and repairs to cleaning and maintenance. For immediate or emergency assistance, please call (705) 733-7767 and allow our expert and professional technicians make your property “Like it never even happened.”
Common Water Issues for Businesses
7/28/2019 Water Issues
For a commercial property owner in Montgomery County, unexpected water problems can be a big issue. Fortunately, a water damage professional can help you assess, clean, and repair damages from any flooding or leaks you may have. Here are a few of the most common water problems a business may face from leaking pipes to foundation cracks.
1. Pipe Breaks
A pipe break can occur in a number of ways. Over time, the pipe can age and loosen in its fittings, or extensive use can lead to pinhole leaks. Extreme heat or cold can also affect a pipe’s integrity. A blocked pipe can lead to pressure buildup and eventually burst.
2. Plumbing Backup
Blocked plumbing can even lead to a toilet backup or sink overflow. When a pipe is blocked, water can take the shortest path out regardless of its intended flow path. Blockages can occur from a number of things, including the buildup of water minerals over time inside a pipe or someone pouring a solidifying material, such as plaster or grease, down a drain.
Extreme weather conditions can also lead to leaking pipes. Cold temperatures can cause the water in pipes to freeze and expand. The expansion puts pressure on the pipe and can create a crack or even cause it to burst altogether. If you know cold weather is coming, you can check with a local professional about what preventive measures to take.
4. Foundation Cracks
Foundation cracks can also become a problem leading to water damage. Water can seep through any cracks and pool, leading to further issues such as mold. Any cracks should be investigated and assessed as soon as possible to determine the best course of action.
Water damage can happen to a commercial property. Fortunately, a professional can fix the damage caused by leaking pipes, foundation cracks, backed up toilet, or weather, and help you repair your property.
Living in Canada, we know that those temperatures can fluctuate in the winter months. We also know how cold it can get, which can lead to bursting pipes in our home. It is important to be aware of this and to know why it is happening. Also, to know ways in which to prevent it and what to do in case this does happen…
Why frozen water will burst your pipes
Unprotected pipes are susceptible to cold temperature because water expands when it goes from liquid to solid for
- A gallon of water, when frozen, will expand to a volume 9% greater than the original gallon
- Ice blockage becomes more likely when outside temperatures drop to below freezing
- A cold wind reaching unprotected pipes quickly removes heat and increases the chance of ice formation
- Water pressure that builds between the ice blockage and a closed faucet can burst the pipe
Tips to avoid bursting pipes
- Wrap outside faucets
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run, if the temperature dips below freezing
- Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving home for several days
In case of frozen pipes
- Keep the faucet dripping
- Apply heat to affected section of pipe with a heating pad or hair dryer
- Apply heat until full water pressure is restored
- If you still have trouble, call a licensed plumber
- And if further damage is done, call us at SERVPRO of Barrie