Storms don't last forever, but the damage can!
When storms or floods hit, SERVPRO of Barrie is READY!
Storm and flood damage require specialized restoration techniques and equipment. Lucky for you, the staff here at SERVPRO have both! Since we are locally owned and operated and open 24/7, we can respond quickly which is key. A faster response can limit damage and save you in the long run. Let us make it " "Like it never even happened." Contact us for any of your storm and flood needs 705-733-7767
7 Highly Effective Portable Heater Safety Habits
In these cold winter months many of us find it hard to stay warm; our sweaters, wool socks and blankets just aren’t cutting it. So, we resort to other methods to fix the problem. One common method is a portable heater; especially for those sitting at a desk all day! If you are using a portable heater, here are some effective safety habits to keep in mind…
- Keep all sides of the heater at least 3 feet from beds, clothes, curtains, papers, sofas, and other items that can catch fire
- Never fun the heater’s cord under rugs or carpeting and never power the heater with an extension cord or power strip
- Make sure the heater is not near water. NEVER touch it if you are wet
- Place the heater on a stable, level, surface, located where it will not be knocked over
- Never leave the heater operating while unattended or while you are sleeping
- If the heater’s cord or plug is HOT, disconnect the heater and contact an authorized repair person. If any part of the outlet is hot, contact a certified electrician
- Check SaferProducts.gov to see if your electric heater has been recalled